For more information or questions, contact Don Muir at 1-800-619-7301 or 416-441-1111 ext. 223.
This PDF from 2010 is a compilation of For Elders and Equipping for Elders publications that have been produced quarterly since 1997. In most cases the articles are copied directly into this resource; in other instances, they are edited or parts are selected and placed into appropriate sections.
Congregations can order a print copy of the Equipping Elders Resource Compilation
through the PCC Resource Ordering Portal
. Please have your username and password ready.
Orders can also be placed using the online order form or you can call 1-800-619-7301 ext. 331 or send an email.
For the latest Equipping for Eldership documents, visit the Elders web page.
- Amalgamation or Dissolution of Congregations – Policy
- Amalgamation or Dissolution of Congregations – Worship resource
- Book of Common Worship downloads are available on the Worship web page
- Buildings – A variety of resources and information related to church buildings
- Called to Covenant – Book 1 covers regular pastoral oversight of congregations by presbytery, congregational planning, and crisis intervention by presbyteries, Book 2 provides resources
- Calling a Minister – Guidelines for presbyteries, interim moderators and search committees
- Candidacy Process – Requirements of preparation and discernment of ministry candidates
- Clergy Resources for Session Meetings and Retreats – Theology, session starters, retreats, workshops
- Communications – A variety of communications-related tools and resources
- Congregational Housing Loans to Ministers – Guidelines for congregational loans to ministers who buy their own homes
- Continuing Education Regulations – Regulations regarding the use of continuing education for ministers
- Dissolution of Pastoral Ties – Policy used when presbytery has decided to dissolve the pastoral tie between minister and congregation
- Ecumenical Shared Ministries Handbook – Handbook for pastoral charges engaged in, or contemplating an ecumenical shared ministry
- Equipping for…– Quarterly collection of educational resources for Christian Education, Congregational Development, Evangelism and Outreach, and Worship – produced by Canadian Ministries, mailed in PCPak
- Funds – The PCC offers various funding to help congregations in a variety of areas including children and youth ministry, worship, lay training, conferences, building projects, mission work, specialized ministries and ministerial assistance
- Growing in Christ: Seeing the Image of God in our Neighbour – Policy for dealing with racial harassment
- Handbook for PCC Congregational Treasurers – Covers a wide range of topics handled by treasurers plus links to other resources
- Interim Ministry – Policy and Procedures for Interim Ministry
- Lay Missionary – Resource
- Leading with Care – Policy for ensuring a climate of safety for children, youth and vulnerable adults
- Maternity and Parental Leave – Information regarding implementation process of the this leave
- PCConnect monthly e-newsletter that has short updates from the PCC
- Pulpit Supply Insurance – Paid when minister absent due to illness or accident. Conditions apply
- Record of Employment Resource – Guidelines for completing a Record of Employment
- Resources for Congregations in Transition – Resources for congregations opening, clustering, amalgamating, resizing, renewing, closing
- Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment – Policy for dealing with sexual abuse and sexual harassment (See also Training for Sessions and Congregations in dealing with Sexual Abuse/Harassment Issues)
- Sick Leave Policy – Sick leave provision for professional church workers. Contact Pension & Benefits office for more information
- Social Action Handbook – Summary of reports and General Assembly decisions from 1954 to the present—subjects like euthanasia, sexuality, gambling, ecology, etc.
- Stipend and Allowances – Minimum stipend and allowances, student and summer appointments, Sunday Supply
- The PCC Board of Managers Handbook
- Together in Ministry – Theology and practice of ministry
Most of these resources can also be ordered online in print:
PCC Resource Ordering Portal
Online Order Form