Healing and Reconciliation Tour: Continuing the Journey
Dates: June 15–26, 2019
Participant Contribution and Deadlines:
Register by February 1, 2019: $1,200 (Early Bird)
Register by April 1, 2019: $1,500
The cost of the healing and reconciliation trip includes your flight to Winnipeg and return flight from Saskatoon, local transportation, accommodation and costs of any cultural experiences. Meals are extra, though there may be some hosted meals. Every effort will be made to find reasonable places to eat.
In 1994, The Presbyterian Church in Canada confessed its role in the tragic legacy of the Indian Residential Schools. This trip, led by David Phillips, will help you learn some of the complex issues related to the PCC’s involvement in the schools and how we have been walking alongside and with Indigenous brothers and sisters as we live out the spirit of the confession and work towards reconciliation. You will:
- Visit PCC ministries working with Indigenous peoples in Kenora, Winnipeg, Saskatoon and Mistawasis
- See cultural and historic sites like the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation and meet with representatives from the University of Manitoba Indigenous Business Education and more”
- Listen to Indigenous people sharing their stories and experiences
- Learn about healing and reconciliation initiatives being undertaken by people across Canada
- Consider our response to issues of health, education, families, water and housing
Designed for both ministers and lay people.