The Presbyterian Church in Canada’s Global Mission program has been designed to allow congregations and individuals to accompany Presbyterian mission partners in Canada and overseas through short-term mission experiences. As you share in the mission of the church you will serve others, enhance your personal growth, learn skills and grow in your faith.
Provide Ecumenical Accompaniment in the Palestinian Territories
Three-month opportunities starting quarterly. Applications are being accepted for 2023.
Are you passionate about human rights, justice and peace? Are you eager to learn about life in Palestine and Israel? The Presbyterian Church in Canada is accepting applications for volunteers to participate in the World Council of Churches’ Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel. Ecumenical Accompaniers spend three months living in the West Bank or East Jerusalem to support the work of Palestinians and Israelis pursuing a just peace based on international law. Specifically, Ecumenical Accompaniers will:
- Live alongside local communities to witness life under occupation
- Provide protective presence to vulnerable communities facing threats of settler violence or harassment
- Monitor and report on human rights abuses and violations to international humanitarian law
- Stand in solidarity with Palestinians and Israelis pursuing a just peace through nonviolent resistance to the occupation
- Commit to engaging in public speaking, writing articles and other advocacy initiatives after returning home
Contact Lily Ko if you are interested in participating in this mission experience.