Continuing Education Fund
Why pursue continuing learning? To seek spiritual renewal and growth, reflect on my calling, develop fresh ideas for worship and new leadership skills, assist my congregation through a period of transition.
The purpose of the Continuing Education Fund is to provide financial assistance for continuing education to help professional church workers of The Presbyterian Church in Canada to increase their effectiveness in ministerial service.
- This fund makes financial assistance available to church workers for their professional development.
- The program—workshop, course, conference—must have a minimum number of contact hours and be offered by a recognized organization.
- Applicants must be approved by their presbytery or a church board or agency.
- This fund supplements the allowance provided by the congregation or employer.
- It is expected that the individual applying and their congregation or employer will contribute to the costs of the program
- The maximum that an individual may receive in any five-year period is $1,500.
The new online application form helps makes this process easier. Use the Continuing Education Grant Application or, for further information, please email Liz Brewer. You can also read the Continuing Education Regulations