Information for Treasurers of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, including Remittance and Policy Forms, MQI Calculation Worksheets, Pension Adjustment Formulation worksheets, the new Treasurers Guide to Pension and Benefits resource and more.
An information package for Treasurers that provides up-to-date resources, including: Maximum Qualifying Income (MQI), Pension and Benefit Rates, Minimum Stipend and Allowance Schedule, Remittance forms and more.
Please download, complete and print your remittance form to send with your cheque in the mail. If you have a member, the Member ID must be included. If there is no member at your congregation, just leave this section blank. Remittances are required each month. We are happy to accept post-dated cheques. A reminder that cheques cannot include funds meant for Presbyterians Sharing or Health & Dental payments – which require separate cheques and remittance forms/invoices be sent. If you would like to save on postage costs, cheques and forms can be mailed in the same envelope.
Congregations may apply for pulpit supply insurance where a professional church worker has been established by its Presbytery. Pulpit supply insurance is paid when the professional church worker is unable to work due to illness or accident. Pulpit supply insurance for 2023 provides $190, plus travel ($25), per Sunday for a maximum of 17 weeks.
Please use this information to calculate the Pension Adjustment (PA) for members of the Presbyterian Church in Canada Pension Plan. The PA is based on contributions remitted and the member’s qualifying income, up to the maximum qualifying income (MQI). This information is required when preparing your member’s annual T4.
This webinar will go over basic treasurer duties related to pension and benefits tasks. Together we will go over how to properly remit pension and group insurance funds to the pension office, how to calculate your member’s pension and group insurance deductions, congregational assessments, and answer frequently asked questions from treasurers.
2. You will then be asked to enter your Organization Web ID:COM589
3. On the next page, you will be asked to enter the first five (5) characters of the name of your organization: Presb. When you’ve finished, click the Submit button on the bottom of the page.
4. On the next page, you will be asked to select your organization – Presbyterian Church in Canada – from a drop-down menu. When you have finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
5. You will then be asked to enter a User Name and Password. Both can be anything you would like but should be something you will remember. The User Name (often your name) must be at least six characters long and should have no spaces (ex. joesmith). The Security Questions are meant to prompt you if you forget your password. Make sure that you complete all required fields. When you’ve finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
6. You should now be registered on the website. If you have any problems registering or logging in to GuidanceResources Online, email Member Services at memberservices [at] compsych [dot] com.