Learning How to Use Your Website
Once your website is up and running, you will want to be able to make changes to it and add information yourself.
After watching the tutorials you can practice what you learn. As the website administrator, you’ll be using the ‘dashboard’ admin area of your site to do updates. You can see what is possible by viewing the test site.
- Dashboard (Dashboard | Admin Bar | Quick Draft | Changing Your Password)
- Users and Settings (Create and Edit Users | Adjusting Settings)
- Posts (Adding New Posts | Using Trash | Restoring Posts | Revisions)
- Pages (Adding New Pages | Using Trash | Restoring Pages | Pages vs. Posts)
- The Visual Editor (The Toolbar | Editing Text | Using Paragraphs | Heading Styles | Hyperlinks | Lists | Embed Videos | Creating Playlists | Post Excerpts)
- Working With Images (Uploading Images | Adding Images From Media Library | Add Image From URL | Image Galleries | Editing Images | Replace an Image | Deleting Images | Set Featured Image)
- Media Library (The Media Library | Adding Media | The Image Editor)
- Navigation Menus
- Managing Widgets
- Organizing Content (Categories | Using Tags)
- Managing Comments
- Calendar/Events (Getting started | How to Use)