Ministry and Church Vocations (MCV) helps the church to discern, prepare and support leaders serving in ministry. Our partners include the sessions, presbyteries and synods that are in covenant relationship with their leaders, as well as the theological colleges.
Becoming a Minister
- “Am I Being Called?”
- Candidacy Process of Preparation and Discernment
- Educational Pathways for Ministry Candidates
- Bursaries for Ministry Candidates
- For Ordained Ministers of Other Denominations
- Guidelines for the Committee on Education and Reception
- Personal Profile Form for Ministers
- Please note that the Profile for Ministers is only available directly from the Ministry and Church Vocations (MCV) office, not as a downloadable file. Please contact Jackie Czegledi at 1-800-619-7301 ext. 263.
Finding a Minister
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing Education Grant Application
- Continuing Education Regulations
- Fund for Ministerial Assistance
- Guidelines for Dealing with Mental Health Issues
- Guidelines for Congregational Housing Loans to Ministers
Colleague Covenant Group Grants
Funds are available to provide incentive grants to help ministers, diaconal ministers or lay ministers employed in The Presbyterian Church in Canada to begin new colleague covenant groups. These funds are accessible by PCC ministers and professional church workers wishing to form new groups.
Learn more about Colleague Covenant Group Grants and complete the online application.
For more information, contact Susan Shaffer at 1-800-619-7301 ext. 264.