We are called to live a generous life and to be faithful stewards of the gifts that God has given to us. Over time, generosity becomes a habit—and then a lifestyle.
Planned gifts are one way you can help to ensure the long-term viability of the church and its ministry.
You don’t have to be rich to leave a gift. A gift of any size, entrusted to God, is a seed that grows.
You can give more than you think. Planned gifts often have significant tax benefits associated with them, which can lower the cost of the gift.
- Are a statement about your faith and life values
- Usually fund long-term mission and ministry
- Often have tax benefits
- Are usually given from accumulated assets rather than current income
- Tend to be larger than gifts given regularly from current income
Planned gifts can be made through:
- Wills and bequests
- Publicly traded securities
- Charitable gift annuities
- Life beneficiary gifts
- Life insurance
- Gifts of residual interest
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Donor advised funds
For More Information
The Stewardship and Planned Giving staff are available to help you turn your philanthropic wishes into reality.
To learn how a bequest, gift of stock, gift annuity or other planned gift can leave a lasting legacy, please contact us by email or call 1-800-619-7301, or mail to The Presbyterian Church in Canada, 50 Wynford Drive, Toronto, Ontario M3C 1J7.
Please seek professional advice: The Presbyterian Church in Canada strongly recommends that you seek professional advice so that your legacy gift is tailored to your circumstances.