The Presbyterian Church in Canada’s Experience Mission program has been designed to allow congregations and individuals to accompany Presbyterian mission partners in Canada and overseas through short-term mission experiences. As you share in the mission of the church you will serve others, enhance your personal growth, learn skills and grow in your faith.
1-800-619-7301 ext. 259.
Malawi Mission Trip
Dates: April 8-26, 2018
Participant Contribution: $4,000 plus raising at least $500 to support PCC Programs in Malawi.
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Led by the Rev. Joel Sherbino, PCC Malawi Liaison, this trip will:
- Visit and encourage PCC Mission Partners
- Share worship and fellowship with Presbyterians in Malawi
- See PWS&D’s maternal and child health programs, funded in part by the Government of Canada
- Learn how the prison ministry supported by Presbyterians Sharing is changing lives
- And much more
Space is limited.
For more information contact the Mission Trip Coordinator:
Matt Foxall mfoxall [at] presbyterian [dot] ca
1-800-619-7301 (ext. 259)
Teach English in China
Dates: July 9 – August 6, 2018
Application deadline: February 15, 2018
The Amity Summer English Program is a one-month adventure for fluent English speakers to teach rural Chinese middle school English teachers how to develop their listening and speaking skills. These teachers are often the only ones who speak English in their school and have very little opportunity to maintain and improve their skills. As you help provide a three-week English training course you will learn first-hand about China and its people, worship in local churches, experience life with Chinese Christian and help promote cross-cultural dialogue.
Athena, the teacher of 55 grade one students in rural China shares “learning about the traditions and beliefs of Canadians and comparing them to Chinese practices, has shown that we are all similar; we all have the same goal, to share our love of language and to help our students be the best they can be.”
Janice Harper, a 2014 volunteer from Knox Presbyterian Church in Waterloo, ON, says “My own approach to teaching has even changed as a result of our experiences in China, and that is after being a teacher for 32 years!”
Contact Lily Ko if you are interested in participating in this mission experience.
Middle East “A Moment of Truth” Study Tour
Dates: October 15-25, 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Youth Contribution: $4000
View the Poster
“A Moment of Truth: A word of faith, hope and love from the heart of Palestinian suffering” was commended to Canadian Presbyterian congregations, presbyteries and committees for study and discussion by the 137th General Assembly. This tour, led by the Rev. Noel Gordon in this special anniversary year, will help you begin to discover some of the complex issues in Israel and Palestine.
During this experience you will:
- Meet and worship with local Palestinian Christians
- Travel to Hebron, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Haifa, Jerusalem and other historic cities
- Visit Biblical sites in Jericho, the River Jordan, the Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, The Mount of Beatitudes and Tiberius
- Meet with leaders and human rights groups from different faith communities to hear their experiences
- Learn about peace building initiatives being undertaken by partners of The Presbyterian Church in Canada