On Saturday, October 5, 2019 join PWS&D in the Ride for Refuge—a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraiser with locations across Canada!
With your support and participation, we hope to raise $10,000 for PWS&D’s maternal, newborn and child health program in Malawi and Afghanistan.
Choose from a variety of events including a 10, 25 or 50 km bike ride or a 5 km walk happening at one of 23 RIDE locations across Canada.
How can I get involved?
- Register as a RIDE participant: Help us reach our goal!
- Register as an individual or
- Start a team of passionate individuals or
- Join an existing PWS&D team participating at the RIDE location near you!
- Fundraise with your family, friends, coworkers or congregation and ride/walk on October 5. If you were in the RIDE last year, sign in using your existing username and password.
- Donate to a RIDE participant or team: View PWS&D’s Ride for Refuge charity page to find a list of teams and participants riding in support of PWS&D. Alternatively, search for a team or participant that you would like to support, here. Donations to PWS&D’s maternal health project are matched 4:1 by the Government of Canada, making the impact much greater! Please also note that RIDE will issue charitable tax receipts for donations of $20 or more.
If you live in the Toronto area, join the PWS&D staff team riding and walking the downtown Toronto route. We’d love to have you!
What Moves You? Here’s what PWS&D participants had to say about their experience with Ride for Refuge:
“Our support is doing no less than saving the lives of newborns and mothers, and improving their well-being in leaps and bounds.” – The Rev. Daniel Cho, Ride for Refuge 2018
“We believe that everyone deserves a healthy start in life. We are so fortunate to have health care here in Toronto and much of Canada that we take for granted. We want to be able to provide that for others.” – Victoria Banfield, Ride for Refuge 2018
“Supporting PWS&D through the Ride is one of the ways that I can help people when they are at their most vulnerable—pregnant and brand new to this world.” – Erin Whittaker, Ride for Refuge 2017
“Ride for Refuge was a great experience. Most of all, it was gratifying to think of what PWS&D is accomplishing for women and children through our efforts.” – Rob Robertson, Ride for Refuge 2016
The Ride for Refuge is a cycling/walking fundraising with locations across Canada that helps charities raising money for the displaced, vulnerable and persecuted. PWS&D is participating to raise money for our maternal health program in Afghanistan and Malawi.
To participate in the Ride, you can register as an individual, join a team, or start your own team. If you are starting a team, you would become the team captain who selects the RIDE location and the charity you are raising money for (Presbyterian World Service & Development). There is no minimum or maximum team size. Whoever joins that team raises money for the charity selected by the team captain. Each team member then picks the distance they want to cycle/walk, sets his/her own fundraising goal, fundraises with friends and family, and joins in the fun on October 5. After the event, lunch is served for all volunteers and participants!
Have more questions? Visit the Ride for Refuge FAQ page.
- Children 10 and under: no fee (but you’ll have to fundraise $75 to earn your t-shirt)
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee ($25)
- Adults 18 and over: Fundraise $150 or more to earn your t-shirt and avoid paying the registration fee ($25)
- NOTE: the registration fee increases to $40 on Monday, Sept. 30th