On Saturday, October 3, 2020 join PWS&D in the Ride for Refuge—a family-friendly cycling and walking fundraiser with participation from communities across Canada!
With your support and participation, we hope to raise $10,000 for PWS&D’s food security programs around the world.
This year, Ride for Refuge will look a little different. While we won’t be able to gather in large groups in locations around the country due to COVID-19, smaller self-organized groups will be permitted where it’s safe to do so and virtual participation is highly encouraged!
Choose from a variety of new events this year! While you can stick with the classic 10, 25 or 50 km bike ride or a 5 km walk, RIDE has introduced more activities to accommodate our new reality.
RIDE Freestyle allows you to explore many different new activities to help support your fundraising. You and your team can volunteer, create arts and crafts, style your RIDE shirts and even use your cooking skills to help you fundraise. The options are endless!
How can I get involved?
- Register as a RIDE participant: Help us reach our goal!
- Register as an individual or
- Start a team of passionate individuals or
- Join an existing PWS&D team participating at the RIDE location near you!
- Fundraise with your family, friends, coworkers or congregation and ride/walk on October 3. If you were in the RIDE last year, sign in using your existing username and password.
- Donate to a RIDE participant or team: View PWS&D’s Ride for Refuge charity page to find a list of teams and participants riding in support of PWS&D. Alternatively, search for a team or participant that you would like to support, here. Please also note that RIDE will issue charitable tax receipts for donations of $20 or more.
No matter the distance you choose to ride or walk, your participation and fundraising efforts will have a meaningful impact on the lives of farmers and their families!
Join the PWS&D staff team virtually this year, we’d love to have you!
What Moves You? Here’s what PWS&D participants had to say about their experience with Ride for Refuge:
“We had 9 members and raised $2,500. Not bad for a first year. Our goal for 2020 is set: 20 participants and $5,000.” – William Ball, Ride for Refuge 2019
“We had a good ride—think we’ll sign up for 50k next year!” – Laura Kavanaugh, Ride for Refuge 2019
“Our support is doing no less than saving the lives of newborns and mothers, and improving their well-being in leaps and bounds.” – The Rev. Daniel Cho, Ride for Refuge 2018
“We believe that everyone deserves a healthy start in life. We are so fortunate to have health care here in Toronto and much of Canada that we take for granted. We want to be able to provide that for others.” – Victoria Banfield, Ride for Refuge 2018
“Supporting PWS&D through the Ride is one of the ways that I can help people when they are at their most vulnerable—pregnant and brand new to this world.” – Erin Whittaker, Ride for Refuge 2017
The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly fundraising event that helps charities raise money for the displaced, vulnerable and persecuted. This year, PWS&D is raising money for our food security programs around the world.
Unlike previous years, where participants gathered together in various locations to cycle or walk, there won’t be any large group gatherings, but small self-organized COVID-friendly groups and teams are encouraged.
To assist with some of the restrictions we are facing this year, RIDE introduced new and exciting ways to fundraise. RIDE Freestyle allows you to fundraise doing many different activities. You can read, kayak, paint, dance, sing and lots more!
To participate in the Ride, you can register as an individual, join a team or start your own team. If you are starting a team, you would become the team captain who selects the charity you are raising money for (PWS&D). There is no minimum or maximum team size. Whoever joins that team raises money for the charity selected by the team captain. Each team member can then pick any activity they would like to do and set their own fundraising goal.
Have more questions? Visit the Ride for Refuge FAQ page.
This year there is no registration fee! However, to earn a RIDE T-shirt you do have to fundraise to a certain level.
- Children 10 and under: Fundraise $75 to earn your t-shirt.
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75 or more to earn your t-shirt.
- Adults 18 and over: Fundraise $150 or more to earn your t-shirt.
R4R Poster 2020