On PWS&D Sunday, we celebrate the work our church is doing to serve vulnerable communities around the world. Inspired by God’s promise of abundant life, we are building a more sustainable, compassionate and just world!
Make February 5 a day to reflect on those facing poverty, hunger and injustice and inspire action here in Canada to make change happen around the world.
This year’s PWS&D Sunday message was written by Rev. John Bannerman, co-convener of PWS&D’s committee.
PWS&D Sunday Sermon Video – View on YouTube
PWS&D Sunday Sermon Video – Download
PWS&D Sunday Sermon Text – Download
PWS&D Sunday Service Resources – Download
If you have issues accessing or downloading the service, please contact Stephanie Chunoo.
Other ways to make a difference on PWS&D Sunday:
- Use our prayer resource “Overflowing: Prayers for a More Sustainable, Compassionate and Just World.”
- Request a PWS&D speaker: Contact Stephanie Chunoo at 1-800-619-7301 ext. 293 to inquire about speaker availability.
- Make a donation: Encourage your congregation to have a special offering in support of PWS&D. Your gifts truly make a difference in the lives of others.
- Show the Practical Compassion video or download it to highlight our global impact over the last 75 years.
- Share PWS&D’s Mission Moments
By responding to the call to share Christ’s love with the world, our church is helping create lasting, positive change. Thank you!
*If you can’t hold a PWS&D-themed service on February 5, don’t let it stop you from doing it. Celebrate the work that we are doing together on any Sunday that works for your congregation.