February 4-10 is International Development Week (IDW), a chance to celebrate Canadian contributions to reducing poverty and providing humanitarian assistance in vulnerable countries around the world. It’s also a time to engage others about the importance of Canada’s contribution to positive global change.
The theme for IDW 2018 is “Partners for a Better World,” encouraging all Canadians to be partners in building a more just, peaceful and prosperous world.
PWS&D’s programs in development and emergency relief wouldn’t be possible without the support of Presbyterians in Canada. Together, we are helping empower people in vulnerable countries to access education, grow more food, claim their rights, expand their livelihoods and build healthy futures.
Working in coalition with Canadian Foodgrains Bank, KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives, the Canadian Council for International Cooperation and the Canadian Council for Refugees furthers PWS&D’s impact throughout our global village, addressing food security, social justice and support for refugees.
Celebrate International Development Week with PWS&D:
- Profile stories of change to communicate what Canadians are helping achieve: share PWS&D’s Mission Moments and other stories of impact
- Talk about the importance of Canada’s role in international development with family and friends
- Make a donation to help sustain PWS&D’s life saving programming
Read about what our partners are doing for International Development Week:
- Ontario Council for International Cooperation
- Manitoba Council for International Cooperation
- Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation