On PWS&D Sunday, we remember the work our church is doing to uphold God’s promise of abundant life for all by serving vulnerable communities across the globe. Through programs in community development and emergency relief, together, we are making a difference!
Make February 5 a day to reflect on those who continue to struggle for basic necessities such as nutritious food, clean water, adequate health care, quality education and basic human rights.
Here are some ideas and resources to make a difference on PWS&D Sunday:
- Hold a special PWS&D service: Encourage your mission committee to have a PWS&D-themed service.
- Download the new PWS&D Sunday 2017 worship resource: Based on the parable of the mustard seed (Matthew 13:31-32), a sample sermon as well as prayer and hymn suggestions reflect the theme of large growth from small beginnings. The signs of God’s grace and abundance in the work of PWS&D seem small at first, but hold great potential in growing a sustainable, compassionate and just world. For other PWS&D worship resources, click here.
PWS&D Worship Resource 2017
- Order PWS&D resources: PWS&D has a variety of resources to engage and educate congregations about our work. Bulletin inserts, bulletin covers, offering envelopes, posters and much more can be ordered by calling 1-800-619-7301 or sending an email.
- Request a PWS&D speaker: To inquire about speaker availability, please contact Anna Muir at 1-800-619-7301 ext. 293.
- Show PWS&D’s video “We Respond Together” which highlights the different ways our church is responding to God’s call to serve people in need. Play this video during the service or as a moment for mission. Alternatively, show the new “One Mission, Two Funds” video. Find more PWS&D videos here.
- Share PWS&D’s 2016 General PowerPoint presentation, which highlights recent photos and stories from PWS&D projects.
- Make a donation: Your gifts truly make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. On PWS&D Sunday, create a special PWS&D jar or bowl and encourage your congregation to have a special offering in support of PWS&D programs.
By responding to the call to share Christ’s love with the world, our church is helping create lasting, positive change. Thank you!
*If you can’t hold a PWS&D-themed service on February 5, don’t let it stop you from doing it. Celebrate the work that we are doing together on any Sunday that works for your congregation.