- Is a mature and vibrant Christian with beliefs and actions consistent with The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Has knowledge of the polity and practice of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Exhibits evidence of having good rapport with and a genuine interest in youth (ages 8-30 years) and is able to work collegially with people of all ages
- Possesses organizational abilities, management skills and is willing to travel throughout the Synod
- Is self-motivated, disciplined and shows initiative to fulfill the requirements of this position
- Seeks creative and innovative ways to engage with and build community with congregational leaders and youth throughout the Synod
- Has completed post-secondary education with training in one or more of the following areas: youth work, theology, leadership development or Christian education programming.
- Respects the polity and theology of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Is accountable and reports to the Synod Executive and the Presbyteries through their Clerks.
- Direct oversight is provided by the Synod Personnel Committee. Meets monthly with the Convenor of the Personnel Committee. Submits work records and expense receipts monthly.
- Shall be familiar with and abide by the denomination’s Leading with Care, Conflict of Interest and Sexual Abuse and Harassment policies
- Promotes a culture that inspires, equips and supports Synod youth and young adults (ages 8-30) to grow in faith as Christian disciples.
- Builds relationships and acts as a resource with congregational leaders across the Synod to plan ministry by, with and for youth in varied and wide-ranging programs that include worship, study, fellowship and service opportunities.
- Communicates regularly and efficiently with Presbytery, Synod and National youth ministries regarding events, training opportunities and resources
- Researches the best youth ministry resources available, offering evaluations and recommendations as appropriate.
- Promotes, facilitates and coordinates Saskatchewan Presbyterian Youth (SPY) committee meetings and twice- yearly SPY events as well as other area-wide events
- Promotes, coordinates and facilitates a group of youth from across the Synod to attend the PCC’s Canada Youth (CY) event
- Promotes the Synod camp, Camp Christopher, to churches, groups and individuals
- Responds to specific requests for help, training and resources i.e.) youth and Sunday School programming
Vacation Bible School
- Promotes, coordinates and leads the Synod’s Vacation Bible School (VBS) throughout the Synod
- Evaluates the VBS program and makes recommendations
- Encourages and supports healthy relationships seeded in VBS through to youth programming events such as SPY and CY
- Supervises the Synod summer student(s) including orientation, coaching, evaluation, verifying work records and expense claims.
Leading with Care
- Works with congregations to assist them to meet the requirements of the Leading with Care policy
- Attends the annual meeting of the Synod and reports to the Synod on the work
accomplished throughout the year.
- Provides a written progress report to each meeting of the Synod Executive. Attends Synod Executive meetings as necessary.
- Works effectively with the two Presbyteries of the Synod; provides written reports to each meeting and attends up to 2 meetings in each presbytery per year and/or links by phone when practical
- Completes other duties/projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Is an independent contractor and not an employee of the Synod of Saskatchewan compensated at $250 per day to a maximum of 112 days per calendar year.
- Job Duties will be modified according to current COVID 19 Pandemic precautions.
- Consideration will be given to applicants who wish to fulfill the position by distance.
Send cover letter and resume to
Fran Neuls at fgneuls [at] imagewireless [dot] ca
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.