Website The Presbyterian Church in Canada
Life and Mission Agency International Ministries
MISSION EXPERIENCES PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Join an innovative team committed to making a positive difference in people’s lives in Canada and around the world. International Ministries is responsible for nurturing relationships between The Presbyterian Church in Canada and overseas partner churches and agencies. You can help these initiatives thrive by creating points of connection between Canadian Presbyterians and church partners in Canada and around the globe.
You will be responsible for coordinating, promoting and ensuring the overall effectiveness of mission opportunities within The Presbyterian Church in Canada including mission trips and internships. This position includes travel to visit mission partners in Canada and internationally. The incumbent is a team player and effective communicator who is dynamic, highly motivated and hard-working. Join a team that encourages one another and demonstrates enthusiasm for global learning and engagement opportunities.
Reporting to the Associate Secretary, International Ministries, you will:
- Coordinate the development of and successfully execute programs and strategies to involve Canadian Presbyterians in short-term mission opportunities, theme-based mission trips, Youth in Mission experiences and short-term internships (with a priority on developing young adult internships in the first year).
- Recruit Canadian Presbyterians to participate in these experiences and internships.
- Work effectively with partners in Canada and internationally to strengthen relationships and develop short-term mission opportunities and internships.
- Coordinate orientation, debriefing and all aspects of logistics for mission experiences including itineraries, travel, insurance, application processing and emergency protocols to ensure the success and safety of trips.
- Foster a strong public relations persona for the PCC’s mission experiences program.
- Organize and lead educational presentations and workshops at various levels of the church to encourage involvement in mission and partnership.
- Contribute to budget planning and expense reconciliation for mission trips.
- Prepare reports on mission trips and internships, identifying successes and challenges, and strive for continual improvement of mission experiences.
- Post-secondary education.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in program and event design, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Understanding of current mission theology and practice.
- Demonstrated excellence in creative, engaging and meaningful written and verbal communication with individuals and groups, including public speaking.
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and produce results on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to learn new technologies.
- International travel experience required.
- Work is done largely from the offices of The Presbyterian Church in Canada in Toronto.
- You must be able to travel as required, sometimes for extended periods in challenging environments, within Canada and internationally.
- Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
Qualities needed to be effective in The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Knowledge of and respect for the beliefs, structure, programs and polity of The Presbyterian Church in Canada and able to speak knowledgeably and passionately about its mission and ministry.
- A relationship builder. Demonstrated excellence in creative, engaging, positive and meaningful communication with individuals and groups.
- An effective collaborator who can enrich the work of the team, while taking significant responsibility for specific deliverables.
Download the complete position description.
What We Offer:
The Presbyterian Church in Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make a positive impact on people and communities in Canada and around the world. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, caring and inclusive.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and pension and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can truly make a difference every day.
This position falls within Band 4 in the PCC national office salary structure with a starting salary of $56,083.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter with the title “Mission Experiences Coordinator” in the subject line to Colleen McCue, Senior Administrator (cmccue [at] presbyterian [dot] ca)
This posting will remain active until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2020.
The Presbyterian Church in Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We have an Accommodation Policy and accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their needs known to us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.