Website Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church
The Children and Youth Christian Education Director will co-ordinate and oversee the Christian Education Program at Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church for children, ages 3-11, and youth. This is a contract position. The Director will work with the minister and session, with the support of the Nurture and Education Committee.
- Co-ordinate and oversee Sunday morning program for children, ages 3-11, and youth program. (3 hours, plus prep time), September – June. This includes selecting the curriculum for all programs, in consultation with the Nurture and Education Committee, and with the approval of Session, and ordering the approved curriculum.
- Facilitate the Monday morning 9 am -11 am Pre-school Drop-In (3 hours)
- Co-ordinate volunteers and provide resources if needed, for Sundays in July and August, one room Sunday school.
- Maintain a contact list for children and youth in the congregation.
- Ensure joys and concerns, welcome to newcomers, prolonged absences, special occasions in families are followed up.
- Attend meetings of the Nurture and Education Committee
- Direct Vacation Bible Camp, one week in summer
- Work with the minister on two intergenerational worship services, eg. Christmas Play/Pageant and Pentecost.
Remuneration for the position is for an average of 10 hours per week, $20 an hour. Some weeks will be heavier, some (summer) much lighter. Summer vacation, 5 weeks.
- Christian Education experience
- Training in Christian Education or general education
The Director will need to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check, no more than 5 years old.
Apply to: Rev. Helen Smith, hsmith1106 [at] gmail [dot] com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.