Website Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church
The Children and Youth Christian Education Director will co-ordinate and oversee the Christian Education Program at Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church for children, ages 3-11, and youth. This is a contract position. The Director will work with the minister and session, with the support of the Nurture and Education Committee.
- Co-ordinate and oversee Sunday morning program for children, ages 3-11, and youth program. (3 hours, plus prep time), September – June. This includes selecting the curriculum, in consultation with the Nurture and Education Committee, and with the approval of Session, and ordering the curriculum.
- Maintain a contact list for children and youth in the congregation.
- Ensure joys and concerns, welcome to newcomers, prolonged absences, special occasions in families are followed up.
- Attend meetings of the Nurture and Education Committee, held every other month.
- Direct Vacation Bible Camp, one week in summer
- Work with the minister on two intergenerational worship services, eg. Christmas Play/Pageant and Pentecost.
Remuneration for the position is $20 an hour. Average work week is 5 hours.
- Christian Education experience
- Training in Christian Education or general education
The Director will need to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check, no more than 5 years old.
If interested please contact the church administrator, Lisa Milroy, lisa [at] guildwoodchurch [dot] ca, 416-261-4037.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.