The national office of The Presbyterian Church in Canada is helping support and equip congregations and presbyteries in the use of Zoom for online video meetings. Zoom is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat and webinars. It is free for users to attend meetings and installs quickly onto a computer, tablet or mobile device. Participants can also join by phone.* This is an especially helpful tool when in-person meetings are not possible in many places.
*For those participants that join by phone, please note that Zoom does not provide a toll-free number.
Staff members of The Presbyterian Church in Canada’s national office are ready to help you schedule a Zoom meeting.
They can provide guidance on how to set up and host your own meeting or can set up and host the meeting on your behalf. (Please note that staff hosting will be limited to availability of staff, and on a first-come, first-served basis.)
When requesting support, please provide the following information at the time of booking:
- Your name, contact information and the congregation/organization you are representing
- Type of meeting
- Whether or not your meeting needs to be recorded
- Type of meeting support you are requesting, such as training, full hosting, etc.
- Date and time (including time zone) of the proposed meeting
- Alternative date and time (including time zone), if possible
- Level of confidentiality of the subject matter to be discussed
The national office staff look forward to helping churches across the country to continue to meet and complete the ongoing business of the church.
To get started, send an email to Grace McCreary or call 1-800-619-7301, 416-441-1111, ext. 259.
How to Smoothly Run a Professional Webinar – CharityVillage