Church-wide Presbyterian Women’s Gathering 2020: Through the Waters
The fourth National Presbyterian Women’s Gathering is open for registration.
The Gathering will be held at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel in Richmond Hill, Ontario, May 15 to 18, 2020 (Victoria Day long weekend). Registration is open until Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Join with hundreds of Presbyterian women from across Canada as we celebrate, learn together, and grow in our faith.
- Be challenged by our speaker, Dr. Marie Wilson, one of three commissioners of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. Learn from her experiences with the commission.
- Learn more about our partner organization, KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives, from Jennifer Henry, Executive Director of KAIROS.
- Raise your voices as we worship God in song under the direction of Agnes-Marie Henderson. Agnes-Marie has been the music director at Knox Listowel since 1993 and is a talented performer, music teacher, and leader.
- Enjoy the words and music of Susan Aglukark as she shares with us during our Saturday night banquet.
- Choose to participate in two of four offered forums where you can enjoy a time of singing, be challenged to love as Jesus did, explore the scripture theme in-depth, or consider the moral challenges facing Canada.
- Worship and learn from some of the best women preachers in our denomination as we come together daily in worship.
- You will be challenged by the words of the Rev. Dr. Anna Carter Florence, a theologian and dynamic preacher.
- Meet and interact with our international guests and ecumenical visitors who are an important part of our event.
- Indulge yourself in a superb venue that boasts a fully equipped conference centre attached to two hotels—Sheraton Parkway Toronto North and Best Western Parkway North.
- Personalize your experience, with over 15 workshop choices, including workshops on sharing our stories, diversity, prayer, knitting, mental health, and music.
- Celebrate our Presbyterian Woman of Faith Awards during the Sunday evening banquet. Learn more about the Woman of Faith Awards.
Download the Information and Registration booklet containing an overview of speakers, event schedule, workshops, registration and accommodation forms—everything you need to know for the 2020 Gathering!
Register now with a fillable form. Registration has been extended until Friday, December 6, 2019.
Note: Travel subsidies are available for those who need financial assistance to attend the National Women’s Gathering 2020. To be eligible, your travel expenses must be more than $300. Apply here. (Deadline to apply is Friday, December 6, 2019.)