Part-time (4 days/week), permanent
PWS&D is the development, relief and refugee sponsorship agency of The Presbyterian Church in Canada with a budget of over $4 million in 2017. PWS&D responds with partners overseas and Canadians here at home to help communities overcome poverty, recover from emergency situations and provide new futures for vulnerable people. PWS&D works with churches and local organizations seeking to transform their communities by addressing the root causes of poverty and injustice, seeking peace and sustainable development through programs in the areas of food security, sustainable livelihoods, health, peace and human rights.
Reporting to the Director of PWS&D, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with the organization’s administrative and financial functions and will work with staff in a collegial and supportive role. The Administrative Assistant will be a dynamic, self-motivated problem solver, who has a demonstrated ability to improve systems and ensure the integrity and transparency of financial information. The incumbent is a team player who is personable and respectful with a variety of stakeholders including staff, supporters, partners and senior management.
- Post-secondary education in international development or office administration and/or 3 years experience.
- Excellent public relations skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office and database management
- Experience or ability to use Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software
- Demonstrated skill in editing and formatting reports
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and responsibility.
- Well organized, accurate and efficient. Able to coordinate and meet deadlines.
- An understanding and respect for international development and disaster relief as a ministry of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Knowledge and respect for the beliefs, structure, programs and polity of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- Ability to interact with all members of the community of The Presbyterian Church in Canada cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion.
- Experience working, volunteering, and/or living in a developing country is an asset
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
Please see below for the complete position description.
Salary Band: Band 3
Start Date: September 5, 2017
Please submit your application with the title “PWS&D Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to Colleen McCue, Senior Administrator, Life and Mission Agency (cmccue [at] presbyterian [dot] ca)
This external posting will remain active until 5 p.m. on Friday, August 18, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Description: Administrative Assistant