Gift Annuities: Gifts that give back
Did you know that you can give to the church and also receive guaranteed annual income for the rest of your life? The Presbyterian Church in Canada’s gift annuities leave a legacy for the church while providing you with an income, most or all of which is tax-free. Beneficiaries can include a congregation or any ministry of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
In this three-minute video from the Stewardship and Planned Giving office, Laura Cronsberry shares what a gift annuity has meant to her.
Share the video with your congregation during worship, coffee time or at a Planned Giving workshop.
Charitable gift annuities are a simple way that you can plant seeds of hope – for generations to come!
This short, beautiful video introduces concepts of planned giving and explains the benefits of fostering a spirit of generosity. Use the video during worship to show how we can all make generosity a part of who we are and allow a true spirit of Christian stewardship to take root.
By responding to the call to be faithful stewards to what God has given us, we learn how to live a generous life and enjoy one of the greatest earthly joys there is: the passing of our legacy, knowing it is in good hands.
To order copies, email Sheryl Sutton in the Planned Giving Office or call 1-800-619-7301 or 416-441-1111, ext. 265.
Suggestions for Use:
- Show the video during worship, followed by someone in your congregation explaining why they have included the church in their will or have made another kind of planned gift.
- Use the video as an introduction to a sermon on stewardship/generosity/planned giving.
- Use the video as part of a Planned Giving Sunday focus. Worship resources for Planned Giving Sunday are available for download.
- Show the video every Sunday as part of a stewardship series. Follow up each showing of the video by using one of the stories of generosity highlighted on the Presbyterian ProVisionaries: A Legacy of Vision and Generosity bulletin insert. (To order copies, email Planned Giving.) Read more inspirational Stories of Giving.
- Download the bulletin insert prepared to be used in conjunction with the Growing Generosity video. On the opposite side of the bulletin insert, print out the story of Marion and Bruce Berry and their generous bequests to PWS&D and Presbyterians Sharing.
- Use the video in a small group setting. Begin the group time by showing the video and reading an appropriate scripture passage (e.g., Luke 12:13-21). Allow time for group members to share their own stories of generosity—either a gift they have received or a gift they have given. Close the session by showing the video again and close with prayer after a time of silent reflection.
Tell us how you have used the video in your congregation. Together, we are planting seeds of hope for generations to come!Growing Generosity Video