PCCWeb provides free websites for ministries and congregations in The Presbyterian Church in Canada, including:
- Synods and Presbyteries
- Specialized Ministries
If you provide ministry under the auspices of The Presbyterian Church in Canada and you are accountable to a court of the PCC, you qualify for a site!
PCCWeb was conceived to provide simple, free web presence for congregations and ministries that don’t have web expertise (or funding for it) at their disposal. The tools necessary for creating a modern website are out there, and we bring them to you in a neat package.
The websites provided through PCCWeb are completely free of charge and are funded through gifts to Presbyterians Sharing.
- Simple. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but PCCWeb can give your congregation/ministry a simple, easily-maintainable web presence.
- Easy. The backend administration interface is intuitive and clear.
- A creative process. Creating a website—even a simple website—can take time. We try to make the process simple and straightforward, but some time for ‘tweaking’ will be necessary.
- A chance to learn a bit about websites. Even with the simple, back-end administration interface, there’s plenty of opportunity to learn. You can be as hands-on or hands-off as you want to be.
- Well supported. With millions of users, WordPress has one of the biggest and best development communities on the planet. Combine that with helpful, accessible in-house administrators in the Communications Office, and you’ll never have a question go unanswered or problem unaddressed.
Learn How to Use Your Website
Once your website is up and running, you will be able to make changes to it and add information yourself. Click here to view video tutorials that cover a few basic admin operations, like creating a new page, editing a page, and creating a Calendar/Events page. Or use this easy guide to help you with better understanding the WordPress environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- On the PCCWeb network, you will not have access to the code of the website to customize the layout and functionality, aside from the ability to add HTML in the main content area and some custom CSS.
- You will not have FTP access to server files, but you can upload files (PDF’s, Word.doc’s, audio, images, etc.) through the WordPress media upload functionality.
- You are limited to the themes and plugins available to the network. All currently available themes are modern, responsive themes that are kept up-to-date eliminating security issues. New themes will be added in the future.
- We do not provide email services so you will need to use generic email such as gmail or outlook or purchase email services such as Google Business Apps or Microsoft Office 365 Business if you own a domain name and would like to use it in coordination with your website.
- We do not transfer existing websites and code onto our network. Starting with PCCWeb means you’re starting from scratch, building your website using the available themes.
Looking for a trusted company to help you with your church website? it4worship.com can guide you through managing your PCCWeb WordPress website, either helping to customize your site within the PCCWeb network, or assist with setting up your site outside of PCCWeb. An independent full-service technical consulting and implementation firm, it4worship.com understands the limitations of the church budget.
( it4worship.com is not directly affiliated with The Presbyterian Church in Canada )