Website Calvin Presbyterian Church
If you feel called by God to work with Youth and Families within an established congregation and to reach out to others within our Community, to establish relationships, lead programs, and help others to grow in their Faith – we would be interested in meeting with you.
Qualities that would be required for the Open Door Ministry Co-Ordinator would include:
- Recent experience working in a Church environment, specifically related to Youth Programs
- Energetic, Organized, and able to communicate with a variety of age groups
- Ability to work independently and also with a team – with the skillset to champion others to work together towards shared goals
Accountabilities of the Open Door Ministry Co-Ordinator would include:
- Developing the Program, Organization and Leading of our Current 3D Family Worship Night
- Main point of contact for Youth Groups (includes planning programs)
- Visitation and Developing relationships with the Young Families of our Congregation
- Developing Relationships with Youth outside of our Congregation to offer growth to our current programs
The Open Door Ministry Co-Ordinator position is based on a 25 hour per week commitment. Office hours will be flexible, depending on the expectations required to be fulfilled each week. On-going support will be provided by the Ministry Teams of Calvin Presbyterian Church. It would be considered a benefit if the successful candidate would attend regular Church services at Calvin Church at least twice a month (ideally every Sunday) – to allow the congregation to establish a relationship and offer support to the position. The successful candidate must hold a valid drivers license, complete a Child Abuse Registry, and a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check. The individual must comply with the “Leading with Care” policy of The Presbyterian Church of Canada, and have (or be willing to take) a Standard First Aid course.