Calvin Presbyterian Church
CALVIN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Calvin is currently seeking a part-time Music Leader to enhance congregational worship through music leadership. The successful candidate will lead congregational singing, accompany church choirs, and support the worship service with appropriate musical offerings.
- Coordinate with the Minister in planning, preparing and playing of music appropriate to each service of worship
- Provide organ and piano music in a professional manner for all worship services and all seasonal and special services
- Select, rehearse, lead and accompany the music sung by the choir(s) at services of worship or throughout the year. Lead weekly choir practices.
- Encourage the musical talents and participation of members of the congregation through organizing and coordinating special musical offerings, including soloists and instrumentalists
- Arrange for qualified substitute organist or pianist to cover absences
- Attend meetings of the Worship Committee
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of all musical instruments
- Prepare an annual music budget. Oversee the music library and work within budget limitations with respect to additions/changes
- Maintain the necessary records for the reproduction license held by the church. Ensure compliance with Session policy regarding the use of copyright protected material
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- The ability to play the organ and piano for church service including preludes, offertories, postludes and for accompaniment of hymns, soloists, etc.
- An understanding of the church sufficient to select appropriate music for worship
- Choral experience
- The ability and willingness to perform a variety of musical styles that includes both traditional and contemporary
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Minister, staff members, and congregational leaders
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and will be based on 10 hours per week.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to marion_reid [at] yahoo [dot] ca no later than Sep 22, 2017. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.