Canadian Ministries works with congregations and presbyteries in the areas of: new church development; church extension; rural and remote ministries; ministries with Indigenous Peoples; congregational development and transitions; evangelism; Christian education; youth; worship; leadership development.
Under the direction of the Associate Secretary, the Grant Program Coordinator coordinates and administers grant programs, provides administrative support to grant-receiving ministries and supports the mission of Canadian Ministries.
- Knowledge and respect for the beliefs, structure, programs and polity of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- An ability to speak with knowledge and passion about the mission of The Presbyterian Church in Canada and the mandate of the Life and Mission Agency and Canadian Ministries.
- Experience and ability in administering projects, maintaining filing systems and preparing correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and prepare financial and narrative reports and ability to work with spreadsheets.
- Experience and ability in monitoring and evaluation of projects and program management.
- Ability for creative, engaging and meaningful communication with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral and new media communications.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and manage time according to established priorities with a results oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated commitment to work cooperatively and effectively and to contribute to a positive and supportive working environment.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and ability to use new technologies.
- Ability to travel within Canada to make presentations and visit PCC partners to collect stories, as needed.
- Recognized university degree (or equivalent) and at least three years’ experience in a mid-level administrative position.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector.
Salary Band: Band 4
Start Date: October 2017
Please submit your application with the title “Grant Program Coordinator” in the subject line to Colleen McCue, Senior Administrator, Life and Mission Agency (cmccue [at] presbyterian [dot] ca)
This external posting will remain active until 5 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2017.