About The Presbyterian Church in Canada
The Presbyterian Church in Canada (PCC) provides an opportunity to align your work with your values and be part of an innovative team committed to making a positive difference in people’s lives in Canada and around the world. Our members are engaged in worship, interfaith dialogue, environmental action, healing and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, refugee sponsorships, fair trade, food banks, affordable housing, Out of the Cold programs, after-school programs, community development, disaster response and so much more. In order to help these initiatives thrive, we are looking for creative, skilled and dynamic individuals.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities
The Stewardship & Planned Giving department encourages generous giving from individuals and congregations to the ministries of The Presbyterian Church in Canada through annual, major and planned gifts. It helps congregations, specialized ministries, presbyteries and synods access sustainable financial resources to participate in God’s mission today and in the future.
Reporting to the Associate Secretary Stewardship and Planned Giving, the Gifts & Database Administrator is accountable for advancing the profile of The Presbyterian Church in Canada to donors, prospects and other stakeholders to inspire ongoing generosity through annual, major and planned gifts. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring and facilitating the gift acknowledgement and appreciation processes, being the PCC’s Raiser’s Edge specialist, supporting the staff in the National Office in the optimal use of Raiser’s Edge, overseeing database integrity and other responsibilities as assigned.
- High level of proficiency in Raiser’s Edge to input and extract data, create queries, fundraising reports and exports to analyze giving trends
- Recognized university or college degree and 3-5 years experience in fundraising or administration
- An understanding of financial matters
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a high performing team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all members of the community of The Presbyterian Church in Canada cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion
- Ability to work at several projects simultaneously and manage time according to established priorities with a results oriented mindset
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Experience working with MailChimp and/or similar email communication tools is considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to use new technologies
- Knowledge and respect for the beliefs, structure, programs and polity of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Knowledge of CRA rules and regulations governing Canadian charities
- Clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Able to work in open office environment
Start Date: Negotiable
What We Offer:
The Presbyterian Church in Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make a positive impact on people and communities in Canada and around the world. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, caring and inclusive.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can truly make a difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter with the title “Gifts & Database Administrator” in the subject line to Colleen McCue, Senior Administrator (cmccue [at] presbyterian [dot] ca)
We will be receiving applications until this position has been filled.
The Presbyterian Church in Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We have an Accommodation Policy and accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their needs known to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.