Website Winnipeg Inner City Missions
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for both strategic and operational management of Winnipeg Inner City Missions, in partnership with the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Key Functions:
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for organizational operations including staff, financial management, assets and property.
- Creates an annual strategic plan and continuously develops plans for future goals.
- Oversees the overall day-to-day operations of programmes.
- Provides leadership and support for the Program Supervisor, First Steps Coordinator, Child & Youth Workers and the Communications & Marketing Assistant to ensure the execution of programs; a healthy workplace is maintained; recruiting and training is completed effectively and that, compliance is adhered to WICM policies, guidelines and all applicable legislation.
- Executes decisions of the Board including follow through of various tasks and projects as required in a timely manner and is responsible for consistent and accurate reporting of all organizational operations.
- Oversees that all programs are up to code and applicable regulations and standards are being followed.
- Manages fiscal resources in collaboration with the Board of Directors and works within the approved budget.
- Proactively, works with staff and the Board of Directors to develop and implement fundraising programs and initiatives.
- Develops and facilitates presentations to churches and other groups to promote fundraising and awareness of WICM’s programs.
- Develops and submits an annual marketing strategy for Winnipeg Inner City Missions goals and objectives in alignment with the strategic objectives
- Oversees the site needs and maintenance of Anishinabe Place of Hope, Anishinabe Fellowship Centre and Flora House including; water testing, property assessments, health & safety inspections, etc.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- 5 or more years of progressive management experience in a voluntary sector organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to create presentations and present to groups.
- Supervisory experience; knowledge of basic employment standards and relevant human rights legislation.
- Site management experience. Knowledge and understanding of relevant labour/health and safety legislation.
- Comfort with and demonstrated ability to fundraise.
- Financial acumen; experience with budget management and ability to present financial information to the Board.
- Technology savvy; proficiency with MS Office, websites and social media platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of Winnipeg Inner City Missions and the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Sensitivity to and awareness of indigenous issues and spirituality (WICM serves a primarily indigenous community)
- Flexibility to travel within Canada
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
To Apply or Request additional information:
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
wicmsearch [at] gmail [dot] com
Attention to: WICM Chairperson, Board of Directors
NOTE: Complete applications must be received in the email address above no later than 12:00 Midnight on December 6, 2017.