The Cairn Family of Camps is looking for an Executive Director starting as soon as possible.
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for both strategic and operations GLEN MHOR CAMP management of Glen Mhor Camp and Camp Iona. In partnership with the Board of Directors, one of the Executive Director’s key mandates will be to develop and implement initiatives that will result in the continued life, growth and prosperity of the camps. In addition, the Executive Director will provide dynamic leadership to camp staff; manage and implement effective programming and ensure that camp operations are managed effectively and adhere to all legislative standards and requirements.
Location: Glen Mhor Camp, located in the heart of Muskoka on Echo Lake, just outside of Baysville, Ontario
Responsibilities and Key Functions:
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for camp operations including staff, assets and property.
- Plays a key role in facilitating the future growth of both camps in accordance with the Cairn Family of Camps mission statement and strategic plan.
- Oversees the overall day-to-day operations of programmes.
- Provides leadership and support for the Camp Director to ensure the execution of programs; a healthy workplace is maintained; recruiting and training is completed effectively and that, compliance is adhered to Cairn policies, guidelines and all applicable legislation.
- Ensure Faith development is occurring at all sites.
- Executes decisions of the Board including follow through of various tasks and projects as required in a timely manner and is responsible for consistent and accurate reporting of all camp operations.
- Oversees that all programs are up to code and applicable regulations and standards are being followed.
- Manages fiscal resources in collaboration with the Board’s Director of Finance Camp Director and Administrator and works within the approved budget.
- Proactively, works with Fundraising Committee.
- Follows the annual marketing strategy for Glen Mhor and Iona to ensure the attainment of the camp’s goals and objectives in alignment with the strategic objectives
- Oversees the site needs and maintenance of Glen Mhor and Iona including; water testing, property assessments, health inspections, OCA Regulations, MOL regulations and winter property management and ensure both sites are properly opened and closed at the end of each season.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience as an Executive Director in a similar capacity or 3-5 years of experience in senior leadership role within a camp environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Including ability to create presentations and present to groups.
- Supervisory experience; knowledge of basic employment standards and relevant human rights legislation.
- Site management experience an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Ministry of Labour/health and safety legislation and OCA rules and guidelines.
- Financial acumen; experience with budget management and ability to present financial information to the Board.
- Technology savvy; proficiency with MS Office, websites and social media platforms.
- Ability to reside onsite from April to September. Housing will be provided.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of Cairn Family of Camps and the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Flexibility to travel within the Synod as needed.
- Housing provided at our Glen Mhor Camp site.
- All meals provided while onsite during the camping season.
- Benefits, RRSPs, Mileage, cell phone and lap top provided during tenure.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the Cairn Family of Camps Board of Directors.
Email: HumanResourcesHiring [at] yahoo [dot] com