Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for both strategic and operations management of Glen Mhor Camp, Camp Iona and Presbyterian Music Camp. In partnership with the Board of Directors, one of the Executive Director’s key mandates will be to develop and implement initiatives that will result in the continued life, growth and prosperity of the camps. In addition, the Executive Director will provide dynamic leadership to camp staff; manage and implement effective programming and ensure that camp operations are managed effectively and adhere to all legislative standards and requirements.
Responsibilities and Key Functions:
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for camp operations including staff, assets and property.
- Plays a key role in facilitating the future growth of both camps in accordance with the Cairn Family of Camps mission statement and strategic plan.
- Creates an annual strategic plan and continuously develops plans for future goals.
- Oversees the overall day-to-day operations of programmes.
- Provides leadership and support for the Camp Director to ensure the execution of programs; a healthy workplace is maintained; recruiting and training is completed effectively and that, compliance is adhered to Cairn policies, guidelines and all applicable legislation.
- Ensure Faith development is occurring at all sites.
- Executes decisions of the Board including follow through of various tasks and projects as required in a timely manner and is responsible for consistent and accurate reporting of all camp operations.
- Oversees that all programs are up to code and applicable regulations and standards are being followed.
- Manages fiscal resources in collaboration with the Board’s Director of Finance Camp Director and Administrator and works within the approved budget.
- Proactively, works with Fundraising Committee to develop and implement fundraising programs and initiatives.
- Develops and facilitates camp presentations to churches and other faith groups to promote fundraising and camp awareness and attendance.
- Develops and submit an annual marketing strategy for Glen Mhor and Iona to ensure the attainment of the camp’s goals and objectives in alignment with the strategic objectives
- Oversees the site needs and maintenance of Glen Mhor and Iona including; water testing, property assessments, health inspections, OCA Regulations, MOL regulations and winter property management and ensure both sites are properly opened and closed at the end of each season.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience as an Executive Director in a similar capacity or 3-5 years of experience in senior leadership role within a camp environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Including ability to create presentations and present to groups.
- Supervisory experience; knowledge of basic employment standards and relevant human rights legislation.
- Site management experience. Knowledge and understanding of relevant Ministry of Labour/health and safety legislation and OCA rules and guidelines.
- Comfort with and demonstrated ability to fundraise.
- Financial acumen; experience with budget management and ability to present financial information to the Board.
- Technology savvy; proficiency with MS Office, websites and social media platforms.
- Ability to reside at the Glen Mhor Camp site (Baysville, ON) from April to September. Housing will be provided.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of Cairn Family of Camps and the Christian ethos of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Flexibility to travel within the Synod.
- Year-round housing provided at our Glen Mhor Camp site in Baysville, Ontario.
- All meals provided while onsite during the camping season.
- Full medical plan after 3 months of service.
- Pension contributions after 3 months of service.
- Mileage, cell phone and lap top provided during tenure.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
HumanResourcesHiring [at] yahoo [dot] com
Attention to: The Cairn Family of Camps Board of Directors