Website St. John's Presbyterian Church
St. John’s Presbyterian Church’s Mission: St. John’s is a place where everyone has the opportunity to experience God through Jesus Christ. Christian faith is the foundation which gives life to our nurturing and caring. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we are equipped to reach out into the community and beyond, as we seek to live out God’s love.
- Working closely with the Minister as part of a team:
- Co-ordinate and facilitate groups and events within the life of the congregation
- Develop and implement new projects or workshops
- Develop and oversee outreach programs
- Assist the communication team with the website and other social media opportunities for outreach
- Attend a weekly meeting with the Minister and perform some administrative duties
- Working within the Education Team budget:
- Oversee the schedule of volunteers and teach Sunday School classes (2 – 3 times per month)
- Organize youth activities including promoting and attending East Toronto Presbytery plan events with St. John’s youth as necessary.
- Plan and implement possible youth-led fundraising projects for humanitarian causes
- In consultation with the Christian Education Team, maintain curriculum, purchase and organize all resources for children including welcoming materials.
- Coordinate the children’s Christmas Worship service
- Ensure all Leading with Care requirements are met including forms, teacher’s manuals, police checks, fire drills etc.
- Proven leadership competencies
- Skills to explore and develop creative outreach options in an enthusiastic yet realistic way
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Ability to work within a team.
- Flexible and creative
- Ability to develop and fully implement new ideas and problem solve.
- Proven ability to use volunteers effectively.
- Ability to implement ideas through a team that is recruited from the congregation and/or the community.
- 22 hours x $ 20.00 per week based on 10 months of the year (September til June) that includes meetings with the Minister and the volunteers
- Other hours to be determined by program demands
Please send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Speers, Clerk of Session, at elizabethspeers [at] rogers [dot] com