Website Kensington PC
The Director of the Children’s Ministry will coordinate and implement programs to develop faith in children. This will include the congregation’s Sunday morning experience and another monthly activity that will be welcoming to those outside the congregation. This could include programs for families of all ages.
The initial contract is until the end of June 2018. The contract may be extended should both parties agree and the funding remain available.
- Provide creative, age appropriate programming each Sunday to invite children to explore the Christian faith
- Develop and organize a monthly activity that may connect with children in the community.
- Recruitment of volunteers to help with the programme with assistance from ‘The Friends of the Children’
- Maintain records of those participating in the programs.
- Maintain standards set by Leading with Care policies (child safety guidelines established by The Presbyterian Church in Canada)
- Provide creative ideas to the larger church in how to better care for our youngest ones
- A deep compassion for children and youth
- Ability to work with a diversity of people
- Ability to communicate the Christian faith in an accepting, age-appropriate way
- A willingness to cooperate with the theology, mission and goals of Kensington Presbyterian Church
- being comfortable with French would be an asset.
- Experience teaching and sharing faith with children and youth. Experience with working with families would be an asset.
- Submission of a vulnerable sector screening via SPVM (Montreal Police)
The Director of Children’s Ministry will report directly to the Minister.
This is expected to include 2 hours on Sunday morning (10:00 am – 12:00), an hour for meeting with ‘The Friends of the Children’, and appropriate hours for other programs, for a total of 20 hours per month.
Contact Rev. Peter Rombeek about this position at Peter [at] kensingtonchurch [dot] ca.
Deadline: August 25th, 2017