The Centre for Asian-Canadian Theology and Ministry is searching for a passionate, energetic, engaging, and visionary part time director who will lead the Centre with a focus on 2nd generation ministry in Asian Canadian churches. If you envision yourself in this leadership capacity, please submit your application (please note that this is a 3-year contract position).
- 1.5 or 2nd generation Asian Canadian
- holds a degree in theology such as a MDiv, MRE, DMin or a PhD
- minimum 3 yrs. experience in 2nd generation Asian Canadian ministry
- excellent skills in administration, fundraising and public relations
- ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty and staff in a theological education setting,
The primary responsibility is to administer all facets of the work of the Centre, to fundraise for the Centre in cooperation with the Development office of Knox College, and to work with faculty of Knox College in setting out a research plan focused on the second generation. Other related professional opportunities may arise as the Centre consolidates its research plans and future vision.
- in consultation with the Principal of the College, plan, co-ordinate and oversee the Centre’s activities, events and programs with help from appropriate committees such as the Asian Canadian Youth program
- plan various Council and committee meetings
- work with the chair of the Council and committee heads.
- liaison with Knox College in welcoming exchange students and visiting scholars from Asia.
- with the Principal of the College, work to develop networking relationships with Asian-Canadian Churches and other Asian theological schools
- Other duties as required
- propose research topics for Asian Canadian Churches with a focus on current and future ministry for and with 2nd generation and to consult with Knox College, as needed
- recruit researchers from Knox College, the Asian Canadian Churches and Universities.
- apply for grants and other funding for research projects.
- plan and administrate fundraising events for the Centre with DPSP committee in consultation with the Development office of the College
- write letters for donations to the Asian Canadian churches regularly
- visit the Han-Ca Presbyteries and other Asian Church Presbyteries in order to introduce and promote the Centre’s activities, build relationships and to seek financial support.
Application Process – please submit:
- letter of interest including your vision for Asian Canadian 2nd generation ministry
- current resume
- two professional letters of reference with one from a ministry organization to:
Rev. Soojin Chung, Chair of the Council,
by email: soo_jin_chung [at] yahoo [dot] com
by mail: Knox College,
59 St. George St.
Toronto, ON M5S 2E6
Attn: Rev. Soojin Chung
Chair, Asian Centre