Position Tasks and Responsibilities
The Communications Program Coordinator is a key member of the dynamic Communications team. Reporting to the Associate Secretary, the Communications Program Coordinator is responsible for executing a vibrant program to inspire the national church in innovative communication techniques and help equip congregations to successfully share their mission and ministry. The Communications Program Coordinator will focus on the production of communication materials, website support, writing and editing, assisting with the quarterly newspaper, and responding to inquiries. The incumbent is a team player who is personable and respectful with a variety of stakeholders including staff, supporters, partners and senior management.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications. Advanced editing and design skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of how faith-based organizations contribute to positive social change and an ability to articulate that to others.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing or equivalent experience, and a minimum of three years communications experience.
- Highly organized with ability to work at several projects simultaneously and manage time according to established priorities with a results oriented mindset.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of desktop publishing software (QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Proven ability to work with Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience working with MailChimp is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and the Raiser’s Edge donor management system is considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to monitor and maintain a large directory of photos and images.
- Ability to interact with all members of the community of The Presbyterian Church in Canada cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion.
- Ability for creative, engaging and meaningful communication with individuals and groups.
- Proven communication skills in different media formats including producing and editing multi-media presentations.
- Clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
Start Date: September 2017 (negotiable)
Please submit your application with the title “Communications Program Coordinator” in the subject line to Colleen McCue, Senior Administrator (cmccue [at] presbyterian [dot] ca)
This external posting will remain active until 5 p.m. on Thursday, September 21, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.