Website St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
The position will be filled on the basis of a renewable three-year contract which will include an initial probationary period of three months. At the end of the probationary period a review will be conducted by the Session of St. Andrew’s or its appointees in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the applicant and the position. At the end of the probationary period the contract may either be extended for the full term or terminated without further obligation either by the Session or by the successful applicant.
- performance ability on piano and organ (ARCT or B.Mus. preferred)
- a passion for worship and an openness to a variety of musical styles for worship
- readiness to embrace the challenges of a growing congregation
- proven organizational ability and communication skills
- an ability to motivate, support, and encourage volunteers
- Christian maturity
- familiarity with the Presbyterian Church in Canada’s Book of Praise generally and with Christian hymnody and anthems generally would be desirable
- Under the oversight of, and in cooperation with the Music Director, to conduct or accompany the choir during Sunday worship (11am) from September through June
- to conduct or accompany the choir for Thursday evening practices from 7:30pm to 9:00pm from September through June
- in conjunction with the music director, to select anthem music
- in conjunction with children’s ministry/youth directors or volunteers to explore the possibility of a youth band/choir
- to be available for special services of worship (i.e. Christmas Eve, Good Friday)
- to be available for special events in the life of the congregation
Communication and administration:
- communicate with the congregation through the annual report
- attend meetings of the Worship Committee as requested
- other administrative duties as required
- be an active participant in the worship life and fellowship of the congregation.
The successful applicant will work in conjunction with the Worship Committee of the congregation and in keeping with the overall direction provided by the Session. Accountability is first of all to the Music Director and then to the Session of St. Andrew’s. The successful applicant will have direct access to the Session whenever requested but will not be expected to be present for meetings.
Base salary will be $6600 per year. Five weeks of vacation are provided. Timing of vacation must be negotiated with the Music Director (in order to provide coverage for Sunday worship) and be approved by the Session.
Deadline for Applications: August 15, 2018
Applications may be addressed to Pastor Duncan Cameron, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 115 St. Andrews Rd., Scarborough O N M1P 4N2 or sent by e-mail to pastor [at] standrewsscarborough [dot] ca