Clerks’ Corner is intended to gather, in one place, resources and links to other websites that are designed to help clerks of presbytery and synod carry out their work efficiently and effectively.
Download Reflections on Church Polity by the Rev. Stephen Kendall, the Rev. Dr. Tony Plomp and the Rev. Dr. Earle F. Roberts.
For more information or questions, contact Don Muir at 1-800-619-7301 or 416-441-1111 ext. 223.
- Acts & Proceedings – Annual Record of General Assembly reports & minutes, contact info for camps, pastoral charges and professional church works, and pastoral charge statistics
- Book of Forms – Polity (form of governance) of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Exit Interview – Sample questions
- General Assembly Commissioner Orientation
- Guide for Congregations Considering Membership Within the PCC (Korean version)
- Overture Template
- Presbytery Meeting Resources
Equipping Elders Resources
This PDF contains the resource Equipping Elders, a compilation of For Elders and Equipping for Elders publications that have been produced quarterly since 1997. In most cases the articles are copied directly into this resource; in other instances, they are edited or parts are selected and placed into appropriate sections.
It is also available for purchase from Parasource Distribution (1-800-263-2664) as a binder with hole-punched sheets for $23.
- Amalgamation or Dissolution of Congregations – Guidelines
- Amalgamation or Dissolution of Congregations – Worship resource
- Called to Covenant – Book 1 covers regular pastoral oversight of congregations by presbytery, congregational planning, and crisis intervention by presbyteries, Book 2 provides resources
- Calling a Minister – Guidelines for presbyteries, interim moderators and search committees
- Candidacy Process – Requirements of preparation and discernment of ministry candidates
- Church Matters – Board of Managers Handbook
- Clergy Resources for Session Meetings and Retreats – Theology, session starters, retreats, workshops
- Congregational Housing Loans to Ministers – Guidelines for congregational loans to ministers who buy their own homes
- Continuing Education Regulations – Regulations regarding the use of continuing education for ministers
- Dissolution of Pastoral Ties – Policy used when presbytery has decided to dissolve the pastoral tie between minister and congregation
- Ecumenical Shared Ministries Handbook – Handbook for pastoral charges engaged in, or contemplating an ecumenical shared ministry
- Equipping for…– Quarterly collection of resources for Christian Education, Congregational Development, Evangelism and Outreach, and Worship – produced by Canadian Ministries, mailed in PCPak
- Experimental Fund – Makes grants to individuals or groups within the PCC to support experimental projects
- Growing in Christ: Seeing the Image of God in our Neighbour – Policy for dealing with racial harassment
- Handbook for PCC Congregational Treasurers – Covers a wide range of topics handled by treasurers plus links to other resources
- Interim Ministry – Policy and Procedures for Interim Ministry
- Lay Missionary – Resource
- Leading with Care – Policy for ensuring a climate of safety for children, youth and vulnerable adults
- Maternity and Parental Leave – Information regarding implementation process of the this leave
- Pulpit Supply Insurance – Paid when minister absent due to illness or accident. Conditions apply
- Resources for Congregations in Transition – Resources for congregations opening, clustering, amalgamating, resizing, renewing, closing
- Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment – Policy for dealing with sexual abuse and sexual harassment (See also Training for Sessions and Congregations in dealing with Sexual Abuse/Harassment Issues)
- Sick Leave Policy – Sick leave provision for professional church workers. Contact Pension & Benefits office for more information
- Social Action Handbook – Summary of reports and General Assembly decisions from 1954 to the present – subjects like euthanasia, sexuality, gambling, ecology etc.
- Stipend and Allowances – Minimum stipend and allowances, student and summer appointments, Sunday Supply
- Together in Ministry – Theology and practice of ministry