As a result of generous gifts to Presbyterians Sharing, it is possible to partner with synods and presbyteries to support initiatives across the country through Regional Resourcing Grants.
Terms and process
- Each synod determines its own model for using the funds.
- Synods may divide grants among their constituent presbyteries.
- Funds must be used within the year in which they are granted; that is, unused funds are not carried over or available in the next year.
- Recipients of funds must submit reports (see “Reporting” below) so that useful insights gained through funded initiatives can be shared throughout the church.
When a synod uses the funds for staffing
- The synod uses the information collection form to submit an annual report and indicate if it intends to continue using the funds for staffing in the next year. A report that highlights insights, successful models and trends will be especially helpful as we share information with others.
- Any significant change to the intended use of funds for which approval has already been given must be submitted for approval using the information collection tool (see below).
- The general secretary of the Life and Mission Agency (LMA) and the associate secretaries for Canadian Ministries and Stewardship will review each report and any proposed change.
- Grants for staffing will be disbursed to the synods quarterly.
When a synod uses the funds to support programs
- The synod submits a separate form for each project.
- A form is available below for synods (or presbyteries, when they are given permission by the synod to access designated funds independent of the synod’s direct oversight) to complete and submit requests for funds.
- Proposals may be submitted for approval at any time throughout the year.
- Each proposal must be accompanied by an endorsement from the appropriate judicatory body; that is, by a synod or presbytery and synod.
- Motions endorsing an application must indicate the amount that is requested and the name of the project.
- Any significant change to the intended use of funds for which approval has already been given must be submitted for approval using the information collection tool.
- The general secretary of the LMA and the associate secretaries for Canadian Ministries and Stewardship will review each report and proposal.
- In all promotional material, synods and presbyteries make reference to the grant from Presbyterians Sharing, which helps make the work possible.
- A report (ideally with a photo) is submitted to the LMA for each project (see “Reporting” below)
- Reports about an ongoing project can be attached to the application for the next year.
- Funds for a single project will normally be disbursed in one payment when needed.
In order that the work accomplished by Regional Resourcing Grants might be shared throughout the denomination, the recipients of funds must submit reports about the work accomplished that will include general and factual information, stories, and ideally, photos. This information will be used in Mission Capsules, Stories of Mission, Prayer Partnership, reports, inserts, videos, worship resources, web resources, etc. Annually, the LMA will report to the General Assembly as to how synods have elected to use the funds.
Regional Resourcing Grant Application/Information Collection Form