Who Are We?
Disciples of Christ
Empowered by the Spirit
Rejoicing in Service!
What Do We Do?
Relying on the power of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim the love and good news of Jesus Christ through our words and actions.
As a reformed church, we rely on the truth and inspiration of Scriptures for God’s guidance into the future—a future that we approach with wonder and anticipation, knowing God is with us.
As worshipping communities joyfully celebrating the sacraments, we are supported, strengthened and equipped to share the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ.
How Do We Do This?
- Our mission, in a world where many do not know the gospel, is to tell the biblical story in ever new and creative ways.
- Our mission, in a world wounded by sin, is to point to the redemptive work of Christ and the life-changing presence of the Spirit.
- Our mission, in a world burdened with anxiety and apprehension, is to provide a place of sanctuary, tranquility and renewal in the name of the One who said, “I will give you rest.”
- Our mission, in a world where many are oppressed, excluded or ignored, is to call for personal righteousness, justice and reconciliation in the Church and in the world and to hear, respect and cherish all God’s children.
- Our mission, in a world of limited resources, is to use God’s gifts wisely and fairly for the good of all.
- Our mission, in a world of many nations, peoples, denominations and faiths, is to learn from one another and work together for the healing of the nations.
In all times and seasons, we give glory to the God of all creation, to Jesus Christ, the Son, and to the Holy Spirit by whose presence all are blessed.
Acts & Proceedings of the 121st General Assembly, 1995