The Rev. Rodger Hunter

It is with sadness that the PCC learned of the sudden death of the Rev. Rodger Hunter on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.

Rodger was the founder and chaplain of Boarding Home Ministries, a former recipient of the E.H. Johnson Award for service on the cutting edge of mission, and a minister in association at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, King Street, Toronto.

A full obituary and details about the funeral arrangements have not yet been released. More information will follow shortly.

2017-04-06T09:33:04+00:00 April 5th, 2017|Obituary|6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Joe Reed April 15, 2017 at 8:47 am

Very sad. A great visionary with a heart for mission.

2. Rev. Drew Douglas Strickland April 13, 2017 at 4:01 pm

I just heard of Rodger’s death this Holy Week. Beginning the triduum, his church and I have been gifted with a depth and richness in contemplating the mystery of the cross, human suffering and compassionate justice that Rodger so graciously embodied and so brilliantly articulated. A great one among us in his presence. A greater one among us in his absence. Drew Strickland, Chalmers United Church, Kingston ON.

3. Olive Maharaj April 8, 2017 at 12:30 am

At a young age Rodger introduced me to the Boarding Home Ministries where I gained so much as a human being and a Christian. May his love for the Lord and humanity live on.

4. Jocelyn Belfer April 7, 2017 at 8:33 am

Rodger and I worked together at Glenview for three years. He was a compassionate mentor and great friend.

5. Eric Whitehead April 6, 2017 at 9:49 am

I went to high school with Rodger. He was a compassionate individual from the start. I will miss him dearly.

6. Pat Martin April 5, 2017 at 10:23 pm

So shocked and saddened to hear this news. Such a beautiful caring and creative soul.

Comments are closed.