The Rev. Rodger Hunter – Obituary [updated]

It is with sadness that the PCC learned of the sudden death of the Rev. Rodger Hunter on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.

Rodger was the founder and chaplain of Boarding Home Ministries, a former recipient of the E.H. Johnson Award for service on the cutting edge of mission, and a minister in association at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, King Street, Toronto.

There will be a service to celebrate the life of the Rev. Rodger Hunter at Glenview Presbyterian Church in Toronto on Saturday June 10th at 11:00 AM, everyone is welcome.

Read more on post on Glenview’s website.

2017-05-22T12:02:15+00:00 April 5th, 2017|Obituary|6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Joe Reed April 15, 2017 at 8:47 am

Very sad. A great visionary with a heart for mission.

2. Rev. Drew Douglas Strickland April 13, 2017 at 4:01 pm

I just heard of Rodger’s death this Holy Week. Beginning the triduum, his church and I have been gifted with a depth and richness in contemplating the mystery of the cross, human suffering and compassionate justice that Rodger so graciously embodied and so brilliantly articulated. A great one among us in his presence. A greater one among us in his absence. Drew Strickland, Chalmers United Church, Kingston ON.

3. Olive Maharaj April 8, 2017 at 12:30 am

At a young age Rodger introduced me to the Boarding Home Ministries where I gained so much as a human being and a Christian. May his love for the Lord and humanity live on.

4. Jocelyn Belfer April 7, 2017 at 8:33 am

Rodger and I worked together at Glenview for three years. He was a compassionate mentor and great friend.

5. Eric Whitehead April 6, 2017 at 9:49 am

I went to high school with Rodger. He was a compassionate individual from the start. I will miss him dearly.

6. Pat Martin April 5, 2017 at 10:23 pm

So shocked and saddened to hear this news. Such a beautiful caring and creative soul.

Comments are closed.